The breakthrough “Field Strip” innovation comes from the shop of world-renowned knife craftsman Ken Onion and has been over ten years in the making. To disassemble the Homefront™ when the knife is in the closed position, push the front release lever away from the blade, then spin the turn release wheel on the rear of the handle away from the pivot shaft—once you feel the handle release, pull it up and away from the blade. Reassembly is as easy as reversing the procedure, allowing for practical, quick maintenance where you stand.
From his shop in Kaneohe, HI, Ken Onion designed the tactically inspired, everyday carry Homefront™ knife to stay true to its vintage roots. The bayonet lug-style flipper sets off the smooth open action of the 3.5” modified drop point blade, while tank jimping on the backstrap sits snugly against your palm.
It stands up to the looks of a WWI heirloom, and it sure as hell stands up to any job it encounters. The handles are made from 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum and house an impressively beefy AUS 8 stainless steel blade.
Classic on the outside, impressively futuristic on the inside, the Homefront™ is about to change everything.
For a quick FAQ on how Field Strip works, click here.
- Breakthrough “Field Strip” technology innovation
- Field Strip lets you easily disassemble your knife for cleaning without tools
- AUS 8 Blade Steel with 6061 Aluminum Handles
CRKT Lifetime Warranty
- Blade Length 3.502″ (88.95 mm)
- Blade Edge Plain
- Blade Steel AUS 8, HRC 57-58
- Blade Finish Brushed Steel
- Blade Thickness 0.133″ (3.38 mm)
- Closed Length 4.728″ (120.09 mm)
- Weight 4.8 oz
- Handle 6061 Aluminum
- Style Folding Knife w/Locking Liner
- Overall Length 8.313″ (211.15 mm)